Thinking of introducing a workplace giving program in your organisation?
Then the Make Giving Count guide is what you need
Make Giving Count is a comprehensive, easy to use, step by step guide designed to enable your organisation to set up and promote a successful workplace giving program.
Why workplace giving?
Investing in the community is a great way for employers to make a difference on social and environmental issues, and the benefits multiply when employees are involved.
At The Australian Charities Fund, our experience has shown that by establishing a workplace giving program, and involving employees in the design, delivery and outcomes, employers have the opportunity to build employee engagement, harness the collective generosity of their people and, importantly, enhance their reputation in the communities in which they operate.
Workplace giving programs can bring brand values to life, both within and outside the organisation. Also, they can help to build trust through active working relationships with charities.
According to Edelman’s public survey on trust in business organisations, Australians see corporate investment in the greater public good and the environment as two of the most important drivers of trust in business, coming only behind trust in senior leadership.
Employees are key stakeholders in any organisation. Attracting and retaining talent and being known as a great place to work is vital for business success. Sixty-two percent of CEOs say that providing opportunities for employees to become involved in socially responsible activities is key to attracting talent (Source: PwC’s 12th Annual Global CEO Survey).
The Australian Charities Fund’s research indicates workplace giving donors are more engaged in the workplace and have greater pride in their employer (Source: The Australian Charities Fund Research Cutting to the Heart of Workplace Giving).
||“I firmly believe a widespread commitment from business leaders (particularly Owners/CEOs) to promote giving in the workplace will have significant social impact. It’s a leadership thing. It’s about managing risk for your organisation (building trust and employee engagement) and nation building. Clever leaders understand it’s good for their business if their business is helping to build a strong nation” - Edward Kerr, CEO, The Australian Charities Fund|
What do I get in Make Giving Count?
The Australian Charities Fund has assisted over 100 employers set up workplace giving programs over the past 10 years, which have resulted in over $90 million being donated to the community sector.
Make Giving Count distills all our learning over this time and provides you with a straightforward, step by step guide for setting up and promoting your workplace giving program. Specifically, it takes you through:
- the planning stage, including establishing a project team, creating a project plan, and developing a matching policy
- the preparation stage, including the all important process of selecting best fit charities, setting up payroll requirements, developing program marketing material and building a champion network, and
- the promotion stage, including how to launch your program, how to grow the program after launch and how to work with your charity partners.
Each step of the Guide contains helpful templates. Some examples:
- a template to guide you through the process of establishing charity selection criteria
- an employee survey pack containing a comprehensive staff survey form designed to get staff feedback and buy-in for the program
- presentations for briefing your champions
- program launch presentations
- a template relationship letter you can use to formalize your relationships with your selected charity partners
- a new employee induction pack to introduce new employees to the program over time
- payroll instructions pack you can give to your payroll department to enable them to set up payroll requirements easily.
What does Make Giving Count cost?
The Australian Charities Fund is a not for profit social enterprise. We use all our funds towards growing awareness of, and participation in, workplace giving programs rather than taking any commercial profit.
You can obtain a 12 month licence to use Make Giving Count with a one off payment of $3500.00+GST or 4 quarterly payments of $900.00+GST. During this 12 month period you will receive:
- multiple user access to both an e-book version of Make Giving Count accessible on our website and a fully downloadable version of Make Giving Count (containing customizable Word and PowerPoint templates). Your licence fee entitles you to permanent use (ie beyond the initial 12 month period) of any version of Make Giving Count you download during the 12 month period.
- a 2 hour workshop with the Australian Charities Fund where one of our expert partnership advisors will walk you through the key elements of Make Giving Count
- access to The Australian Charities Fund’s cutting edge research on giving
- access to the comprehensive library of workplace giving resources on our website exclusively available to our employer partners
- invitations to events and seminars hosted by The Australian Charities Fund.
Also, tailored advisory support is available on a fee-for-advice basis.
How to obtain Make Giving Count
To obtain access to Make Giving Count you can pay either by Paypal, Credit Card (via Paypal) or direct credit. Once we receive payment in full or the first installment, we will email to your key contact the URL and password details which will enable you to obtain access to Make Giving Count and our employer partner exclusive resources on our website
Money back guarantee
Want to know more?To find out more either: